Friday, December 5, 2014

Review of Fighting Fate by Barbara Speak

Fighting Fate (Flawlessly Broken #3)
 
 
 
SYNOPSIS:
 
 
What Marissa Johnson never expected when she came to Illinois to tour her brother's Alma mater was meet the man who would haunt her dreams.
Once introduced, she knew she would do anything to stay close to him and hope for a chance.

Mike Harrison never expected to fall for his old college friends little sister. Defending his heavy weight title and having any woman he wanted wasn't enough to keep him away any longer.

Two years came and went while neither of them acted on their wants or desires. All of that changes when someone's grief brings the two together into a situation they can't ignore any longer.

But what happens when insecurity, jealousy, and lack of faith come into play? Can these two overcome the obstacles thrown in their path or will it all come crashing down around them?
 
ATT_1416191559374_1415724970026
 
 
 
REVIEW:
 
 
I write this review with mixed emotions-sad that the ride is over and yet satisfied with such a fantastic, emotional story.
After reading and loving the first two books in this series, I have longed for a reconnect with all the characters of Finding Solace and Fearing Regret. I remember crying and begging for more and boy Barbara didn't disappoint.
As always, if you have read her work you know she isn't always hearts and flowers. She's real, gut wrenching but that's what I love about her. Life isn't a fairy tale...it's a messy journey you either face and ride out or settle and give up.
I enjoyed each and every twist and turn with this not MMA fighter that wasn't so ruff and tuff after all. But most of all I loved watching Marissa grown into a strong, loving woman after going through the unthinkable.
As I sit here trying to sum up my feelings for this series I find myself giggling-I have a new name for Barbara Speak. "My emotional roller coaster" LOL So next time you need a wild ride she's gotcha covered.
Job Well done....now for my glass of wine to calm my nerves.
 
5 " Shut the front door stars"


No comments:

Post a Comment