Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Review: Sex Love Repeat by Alessandra Torre


SYNOPSIS:

 I love two men. I screw two men. I am in a relationship with them both, and they are both aware there is another. That is all they need to know, that is all I let them know. They don’t need to know a name; they don’t need to know anything but that they are not alone in my heart. 

They have accepted the situation. Stewart, because his life is too busy for the sort of obligations that are required in a relationship. Paul, because he loves me too much to tell me no. And because my sexual appetite is such that one man has trouble keeping up.

So we exist, two parallel relationships, each running their own course, with no need for intersection or conflict. It works for us, for them, and for me. I don’t expect it to be a long-term situation. I know there is an expiration date on the easy perfection of our lives.

I should have paid more attention, should have looked around and noticed the woman who watched it all. She sat in the background and waited, tried to figure me out. Saw my two relationships, the love between us, and the moment that it all fell apart.

She hates me.
I don’t even know she exists.
She loves them. I love them.
And they love me.

EVERYTHING else hangs in the balance.


REVIEW:
Oh how I loved this book.  I won't lie though, this was one that I could walk away from and come back to, until the twist! It was a twist I NEVER saw coming!  I kept forgetting these two men knew about each other.  Her world with them is so completely different. I kept thinking she was keeping them a secret when really she wasn't.  It was just that well written.

"The three of us.  Living two separate relationships.  I get that you don't understand.  That you wonder how someone could possibly be aroused, turned on by the only thought of something so forbidden.  But often, it is the forbidden that is the hottest and the depraved that is the most arousing."

Stewart is too busy for a relationship but needs Madison when he needs her.  Whether it is for a roll in the hay or to accompany him to a dinner, he needs her.  Of course she shows up and Paul is fully aware of where she goes.  They have this understanding.  Plus Madison is just such a sexual person. Like the synopsis says, they have accepted the situation.  It's not that Stewart doesn't love her, he does.  It's just that he's already married.....to his job that is.  Therefore, he isn't able to give her the attention and she knows she will always be second place.  So, Stewart comes up with a solution.  This is where Paul comes into the picture.  Stewart is all about work, but Paul is all play. He is fun loving, kindhearted, laid back, and understanding.  He would do anything Madison asked him to.

While Stewart and Madison are at a dinner, she wants Stewart, NOW.  Stewart is unable to leave.  This is just how crazy this all is, take a look:

 "He leans forward again, close enough that I can smell his scent, the masculinity crawling across the table and robbing me of rational thought.  He grips my wrist, pulling my hand tightly and places it on his crotch, brushing his lips against my ear as he speaks.  "Call him."  

I pull back, confused, his hand cupping the back of my head, keeping me close to him, my eyes studying the tumultuous depths of his blue. "What? Who?"

"Him.  Call him.  Have him take care of you.  I can't leave."

There is only one Him in our life, our world comprised of three people.  I try to process his words, spoken without anger or light, in a serious, I'm-not-fucking-around tone. "I want it, Madison.  I want him to fuck you in the powder room while I sit here with these stuffed shirts.  I want you to come back to this table with your cheeks flushed and his cum inside you."

How exactly do these three people exist in the two parallel relationships?  One would think someone would get jealous, but these three make it work.  Their arrangement is unusual, to say the least.  Madison knows that is a matter of time before these parallel relationships will unravel and come to an end, she just isn't aware of when this expiration date will be reached.

During this time, there is a woman who watches them all.  She sees how Madison holds both men's hearts and she is jealous because she loves these men too.  Will this woman be what unravels the relationship?  You will just have to read and find out!  Like Karen says below, I was glad I had someone to text when things took a turn!

4.5 Stars!

~  Jade



Didn't see that coming is what your reaction to this emotional, angsty, hot book will be!!!
Once I started I had a hard time putting it down. Thank goodness I had friends that had read it so I could send what tha...texts when I was going crazy scratching my head with questions.
If you love a good love triangle full of entertaining twists and turns then this needs to be next on your TBR list. Trust me...you will thank me later!!!!!
Ohhhh buckle up and don't blink....you just might miss something on this wild ride.
4.5 Shocking stars for me!!!!!
 Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment