Monday, July 28, 2014

Review of Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken

Synopsis: I'm not your typical girl. I've been running away from the memories that haunt me for so long that depression has become my only comfort. I was content in the darkness...until Wes Michals offered to be my light.
I didn't know that time wasn't my ally -- that every second that ticked past was one step closer to the end of something that was beginning to mean the end of myself. He tried to warn me. He promised me all he was able to offer--each moment as it came--but it would never be enough.

Sometimes when you think it's the end, it's only the beginning. Wes thought he could save me, but in giving me everything, he ruined me. Because after one kiss, one touch, I couldn't--I wouldn't ever be the same.

And from that moment on, his heartbeat became my own.

4.5 Stars!

Review: Kiersten has faced something in her life that no one should have to face - family tragedy. She has been surviving for the past two years, and she runs into Wes on her first day on campus at her new college, and she slowly begins to thaw. The two of them actually do run into each other, and unbeknownst to her, Kiersten is totally feeling Wes up and COUNTING HIS ABS...out loud!! After having a good laugh at her, Wes tries to help Kiersten get where she needs to be, which turns out to be his dorm room, as he is her RA!


This book starts off with a really emotional prologue, so you honestly read the whole book just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Kiersten is very naive and guarded, mainly due to her recent past, and Wes is just living one day at a time. He takes Kiersten under his wing but also begins to have feelings for her, as well. It does not take her long to feel the same, but she is constantly confused by the distance that he keeps between the two. He realizes that she is innocent and precious and treats her as such, which is coompletely adorable, as he calls her his "lamb", and she calls him the "wolf". 

Kiersten begins to realize that she has not been living life, however, and she makes a list of things that she wants to do. Wes decides to help her, and they have some funny, some cute, some hilarious, and some swoon-worthy moments. You almost forget that you are still waiting on that shoe, however...until it drops. And then, you wonder how much life can throw at Kiersten before she breaks. You wonder why Wes deserves what has been thrown his way...and then, you just wait. You hold your breath and you wait to see what happens. Have some tissues handy for this one!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment