Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Review of Carnage (Carnage #1) by Lesley Jones

Synopsis: I love him, from the instant I set eyes on him when I was just 11 years old I have loved him and nothing will ever change that, he owns me, he owns my heart and he owns my body and no matter how many lies are told, no matter how many people conspire to keep us apart, despite the fame and the distance, we will find a way.
"Georgia Rae, when we made love you used to cry" ... He waits for me to sing my bit. I try to swallow down a sob but I just end up singing through it...
"I said I love you like the stars above, I'll love you till I die"

Carnage is an edgy coming of age love story that breaks all the rules and transcends the decades. Georgia and Sean's story will stay with you long after you read the final word.
An emotional, smoking hot, gut wrenching read.

This is part #1 of a 2 part story but can be read as a stand alone.

5 Stars!

Jessica's Review: I will probably never be able to listen to Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits without crying now. I really don't want to give anything from this book away because I think that would just take away from the experience of reading it, and you don't want to miss out on that experience.

I love coming of age stories, first love stories, second chance romance, rock star romance, love triangles and angst, and stories that can walk you through several decades of someone's life, and this book has ALL of that! It starts off a little slow, and there is definitely some British slang that gets thrown around that I had to kind of stumble my way through, as I am not British. However, I think that it was possibly about 25% in that I was hooked - possibly earlier than that. I just finished this story, and I am so emotionally spent that I'm sure my book timeline could be completely off right now. I will say this, however, no matter how slow this book might feel as it is building up and giving you back story - you want that story. In fact, you will cherish that story by the time you finish this book. It has been awhile since I felt this gutted after completing a book.

This is the story of Georgia and Sean...Sean and Georgia - two kids that fell in love and grew up fast when his band hits it big. He has to learn to deal with fame and those that are just there to betray him for their own fame, and she must eventually learn to live life and not run away from it. Their story is not easy, and I'm just going to warn you...it may not have the ending that you want, but man, is it so worth it to read it. Their story is about way more than I just described, and the author does such a great job of pulling you in and even of making you love the other characters, as well. Read this one today - stop what you are doing and read it...but make sure that you are ready for an ugly cry.


Jade's Review:  I had to join a support group after this read.   I was the first one in our club to finish and had to have someone to help me when I was done.  This was a book that I didn't want to put down!  Although every time Georgia had a feeling about something, I wanted to put it down because I just didn't want anything bad to happen.  

As Jessica said, it does start off a little slow, but if you can just hang with it, you will NOT be disappointed!   The British slang was tough but for the most part I think I figured some of it out.  Next time, I'm sure I'll be using Google.  

This story spans over 20 years and Jones does a great job of telling the story.  Georgia and Sean are love at first sight, true love, one and only love, etc.  Sean is best friends with Georgia's brother and they are in the band together.  They both have to grow up fast though when the band hits it big.  Things aren't easy.  There are groupies, girls galore, sex, and drugs.   There is also Cam.  He is there when needed, is a healer, and a fighter.  Oh how I loved him.  It's so hard to write this and not give anything away!  Just read, but be prepared for the ending with tissues.  So excited for book 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment