Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Review: The Grace in Darkness by Melissa Andrea







Every part of me yearns for Ryland and there hasn't been a day that’s gone by that I don’t question if I made the right decision. Adjusting is something I should be used to by now but how can I do that when life has other plans? 

When darkness consumes you, only true light can free you 

Remembering how I existed before Araya came into my life and turned everything upside down has been the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I can’t stand to be round anyone and the feeling is mutual. But I’m ready to take back what’s mine. I’m ready to be whole again. But every decision has a choice and every choice has a consequence. 

To find the grace in darkness, you must 
Dare to be BRAVE 
Dare to be STRONG 
Dare to be ALIVE


Just as promised....my review of book 2!  I LOVED IT!  The Grace in Darkness starts off right where The Edge of Darkness ended.  A confused and lost Ryland is trying to understand why Araya left him. Ryland has become broken, angry, and bitter and is pushing everyone away.  After the betrayal of his family, the loss of Araya, and his broken heart, Ryland becomes a completely different person.  He even makes a deal with the devil, J.D.

Araya however, is even more beautiful, if that is possible.  She has decided to live her life and become more independent, giving her a new light.  Gradually she becomes more confident and is finally getting back to do something she loved and was born to do - dancing.  Being without Ryland hasn't and isn't easy for her but she is doing this for herself, she has to prove this to herself.  She will never stop loving Ryland.  He is her soul mate and she will always love him.  

Want to know why J.D., Jonathon Dare, is the devil? He plants the idea in Araya's head to go to the school and leave Ryland.  Ok, that was smart of her but the only way for Ryland to find her is for him to work for the company for a year.  When the year is up, he promises to tell Ryland where Araya is, no contact until the year is up, but vindictive J.D. has other plans.  

"I told you I'd make your life miserable."  
J.D.'s comment ripped through my thoughts and stalled my exit.  I turned around to see him coming toward me, his face twisted darkly.
"What?"
"I dangled something in front of you that you can't have and it's killing you.  Enjoyed your performance by the way.  Your mother and I are so proud."  

Oh I love what he had coming to him.  After splitting these two up and never caring about his family, it was long deserved!  

With the love that Araya and Ryland have for each other, nothing can keep them apart.  Ryland never gives up on them and will stop at nothing to get her back into his life.  She is his light.  He also  wants her to know that he will never hold her back - from anything.  He did get her back to her dancing didn't he?  He loves her and will spend the rest of his life showing her just how much she means to him.  

Once these two find each other, you expect things to go back to like it was, or as close to it right?  WRONG.  J.D. can't stand to see anyone happy.  You know, somewhere around the corner, he's going to do something or has something up his sleeve to screw it up for these two.  What happens?  Does he get in the way?  You'll just have to read it for yourself.  This was one I couldn't put down!  

RATING - 5 Stars 

 ~Jade



"Come here," I growled, and when she didn't move, I taunted.  "Come on, Hummingbird, I dare you."

She took a deep breath and a step toward me, and it was over,  Colliding into each other, we fell against the wall in the small room.  My mouth came down on hers fiercely, and my fingers flexed around her ribs.  I lifted her against me, and her shapely legs wrapped around my waist easily.  My hands moved over her hips, and my fingers dug into her flesh, bringing her closer and harder against me.  I needed her to know exactly how good this was going to be.


I didn't know where Ryland and I stood now, but watching him walk away from me had been harder than walking away form him all those months ago.  I just wish I knew where we went from here.



No comments:

Post a Comment