Friday, April 4, 2014

Review of Boomtown (Freebirds #1) by Lani Lynn Vale

Synopsis:
Her

I wanted to have a pity party of one when I went for that beer. I never imagined I would meet a dark and dangerous man. That man took me on the wildest ride of my life. Literally and Figuratively. He quickly became my entire world.

Him

I didn't know I was looking for her. I saw her warming that bar stool and knew she would be mine. A man like me doesn't deserve the likes of her. But damned if I didn't take it.

Her

When we met for the first time we didn't know that we already had a connection. A cruel game was being played, and we didn't know the rules. Sam would save us, but at what cost? Sam was one of my main reasons for living. If he wasn't in this world anymore, would I still want to be a part of it?

3.5 Stars

Review: Ok, this is my honest review for the book. I hate to rate it low. Really I do! It started out great! Then it just seemed to jump around at times. This book has the potential to be much better. 

Sam and Cheyenne meet on her 25th birthday when she is at a bar for her "pity party". Of course there are hardly any words exchanged as they get on his bike, head back to the compound for an incredible night, and the next morning Sam takes her back to get her truck. Finally after weeks, they meet again but I was unsure of how Sam knows how to get to Cheyenne. It was just very confusing.

I was actually surprised that Cheyenne and Sam hadn't met before that night. They had so many connections. I mean, come one! Ember's brother works with/for Sam! How could they not have met? Ember is Chey's best friend and is a hoot in the story! I loved the dialogue between the two.  

Cheyenne begins to get threats and turns to Sam for help. Smart girl! This is where things began to go down hill. I just could not keep things straight. There were flashbacks that just didn't make sense or seemed to be put in to clear up confusion that should have been told elsewhere in the story.

The plot was believable but the transitions at times were not clear. There were sections where I was unable to tell who was talking. I would think it was one character to find out it was really another.

I'd love to tell you more about the book, but I don't want to give away too much for those who would like to read it.

~ Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment