Sunday, April 6, 2014

Review of Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan

Synopsis: When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.

THIS IS A STAND-ALONE SIGN OF LOVE NOVEL, BASED ON SAGITTARIUS. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.

5 Amazing Stars!

Review: I am not really sure where I want to start in regards to my review for this book. First of all, it was amazing. If you have not read it, do so NOW! It is so different from many of the books that I usually read. I had a feeling very quickly into the book, that I might seriously fall for Archer Hale, and it wasn't for the typical reasons. Archer is not really the alpha male, dominant or controlling type. He may have some alpha tendencies, but he is just...sweet and gentle and amazing. 

We are introduced to Archer, first, as a seven year old child. It becomes clear pretty quickly that he is headed for some tough times, and wow, that is just an understatement. It breaks my heart what he had to endure for most of his life up until we meet him. Bree enteres the picture when she moves to the town that Archer lives in because she is trying to get away from a recent tragedy in her life. Part of Bree's past is so significant for her being able to really see Archer and "hear" him. She breaks through the walls that Archer and many others, have put up around his heart. Yet, life is definitely not easy for either of them at this point - they still have much to over come in regards to both of their pasts. 

I am usually pretty verbose when it comes to my reviews, but I don't really want to give much away for this book. I want everyone to meet Archer and get to know him and love him as much as I do! Your heart will absolutely break for this amazing man who has basically experienced what many therapist and social workers call "failure to thrive", and yet he has thrived. As he tells Bree, he has fought, even when he didn't realize that he was doing so. I also really loved Bree. She was amazing, and she listened to Archer when no one else did. So often, female characters can come across weak or whiny, but Bree comes across as strong and enduring, while also making Archer a stronger person, as well. 

If I could give this book more than 5 Stars, I would. Check it out!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment