Friday, March 7, 2014

Review for This is me.... by Sarah Ann Walker

Synopsis: ** Warning- Graphic content and themes **

"THIS is me..."
The desperate conclusion to "I am HER..."

Finally...
She has a name. She has a past and she has a history.
She knows who she is. And she knows who she wanted to be.
She knows the way to all she ever wanted, but she knows she can't change the past that destroyed her.

"I swear I'm here, but I'm not.
I swear I can feel, but I don't.
I swear I hear people, but I'm all alone.
Where am I? What have I done?"

If everything you knew was nothing you know, how do you begin to live again?
When beautiful dreams surround you but darkness consumes you, how do you begin to live anew?

"After I exhale, I turn to my empty room once again.
In the silence that follows my tears, I am washed in clarity.
I am NOT her. THIS is me..."

Review:

Wonderful yet another emotional roller coaster to the conclusion of Thomas Suzanne Beaumont's tragic story. At the end of I am here, we we built up for a happy ending to have it crumble down by another tragic turn of events. All you can think is, "Damn, she just doesn't get a break". As we start up This is me, we are engulfed by Suzanne's mental emotions but overwhelmed by everyone else's sadness, grief, and desperation to have their Suzanne back with them. The Suzanne who has been through Hell and Back, and has now found herself back in Hell again.

As the turn of events uncover in book 2, we go back in time to Suzanne's childhood allowing us to understand the mental abuse Suzanne experienced by her parents. We also learn a lot about Marcus and his role as Suzanne's first boyfriend, first lover and husband. You are in for a Marcus/Suzanne Shocker by the end of the book.

There were times I would be so frustrated with Suzanne in how she would handle unexpected circumstance. My heart broke for Z, the two Kaylas, and Mack through the entire book.  Their devotion, support, and never ending love for Suzanne was at times more than my heart could handle. By the end of the book, my heart was heavy with emotion but pleasantly happy Suzanne's story was finally over. I rated This is me with 5 stars. I could not put the book down. Sarah Ann Walker continued to keep me consumed with emotion throughout the entire book. A great conclusion to a tragic beginning.

Marissa


No comments:

Post a Comment