Saturday, February 22, 2014

Review of Room for You (Cranberry Inn #1) by Beth Ehemann

SynopsisFour years ago, my dreams were shattered in an instant.

I tried to pick up the pieces and glue them back together the best I knew how, but something was always missing.

A father for my two girls.

But then, Brody Murphy landed on my doorstep, literally. He was a carefree, playful hockey player who barged into my life and messed with my head. He left me more confused than I had ever been.

What if the one thing I thought I needed was the only thing holding me back?






4.5 Sweet Stars

This book was just really sweet. There was definitely heat between Brody and Kacie, but that was not the focus of the story. Kacie is a single mother of twin girls who, after several important men in her life have hurt her, has a difficult time trusting men. Her mother runs an inn, Cranberry Inn, where Brodie ends up during a storm. Brodie is a hockey player who has spent the majority of his life focused on perfecting his sport. These two come together, and even when they are not looking for love, they definitely catch each other's attention. 

A lot of the female characters these days tend to drive me crazy, and Kacie falls into this in some ways. Even though she knows that she cares about Brodie, she spends a majority of the book fighting against that and fighting for him. I try to take into consideration that she has been hurt, and she definitely has good reasons not to trust men. However, everyone in her life is asking, no begging, her to give him a chance. She has two amazing friends, Alexa and Lauren, who give her a hard time about this, yet, she continues to fight until the bitter end. 

Then, what happens when someone from the past makes another appearance. Not quite a cliffhanger, but pretty close, which is why I can't give it 5 stars...I really dislike cliffhangers these days. I very much enjoyed the characters, however, and their story is believable...it's not instalove. It takes both of them stepping out on a limb and trying to trust one another. 

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment